Since discovering Simple Mills Almond Flour pancake & waffle mix… there is simply no going back to anything else.
My recipe is called the “Valentine” pancake, because my sweetie and I made these pancakes for Valentine’s Day this year, and my sweetie’s middle name happens to be Valentine… perfect.
Without further ado, I’d like to get this recipe out to the people.
♥ The Valentine Pancake ♥
- Tastes best on a Saturday or Sunday morning
- Create pancakes per the package instructions. Sprinkle in cinnamon or nutmeg or anything you like. We use coconut oil for the batter and for the griddle
- Prepare your toppings:
- Chopped bananas and strawberries
- Blueberries – the trick Sujantra taught me is to rinse the blueberries, then submerse them in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes… this makes for a warm, comfortable splash of blueberry to your palate, rather than the sometimes-tart pop of cold blueberries. At the Kalmia household we lovingly refer to blueberries as “bloobs.” You’re welcome to use this term
- Pure maple syrup, warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds or so
- Vanilla greek yoghurt
Heaven on a plate. ♥